Response & Precautionary Measures
The Aroostook House of Comfort would like to ensure that our patients, volunteers, staff, and community are safe from Covid-19. We are taking every precaution within our facility to avoid exposure and take preventive actions daily to stop the spread of the virus. We are following the guidelines issued by the CDC to help minimize any potential health risks.
We have implemented a visitor screening process with the following policies:
- Visitors are screened before entering the hospice house for fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and travel history.
- Visitors are required to wash their hands in the family restrooms before entering the patient's room.
- Masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 are permitted entry only under certain circumstances. Please check with a staff member or administration.
- Two visitors at a time are allowed in the patient’s room. Others are asked to wait outside the facility or in a vehicle parked on the premises. Please check with a staff member or administration for other options.
- Once in the building, visitors are asked to remain in the waiting area. At this time visitors are not allowed in the family area, children’s playroom, or the kitchen area.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 207-764-9406.